The Jim Hay Memorial Award for Research in Sports and Exercise Biomechanics was established in 2004 through the support of the Hay family and additional donors to recognize outstanding career accomplishment and is awarded annually to an investigator who has conducted exemplary research in the area of sports and exercise science biomechanics.
The Hay Award selection is based on originality, quality and depth of the research and the relevance of this work to the field of Sports and Exercise biomechanics. The awardee must attend the Annual Meeting of the ASB in order to receive the award and to deliver the Jim Hay Memorial lecture. The award consists of an engraved plaque and a check for $1,000.
- The Hay Award is open to all scientists, including non-ASB members, but excluding ASB officers and members of the Borelli and Hay Awards Committees.
- Candidates may be nominated by themselves or by others.
- Letter of nomination (7 hard copies or Word document or PDF)
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae (Word document or PDF)
- Five publications on a single topic or theme (PDF)
- Applications should be submitted electronically to the ASB Past-President (refer to the Executive Board).
- All material must be submitted by the deadline shown on the Awards page.
Past Award Winners